The IEEE student branch of Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology was established on February 14, 2006 by Dr G Vijayaraghavan, former Chairperson of IEEE Kerala Section and Founder & CEO of Technopark, Trivandrum. IEEE MBCET falls under IEEE Kerala Section which is a part of the IEEE India Council which falls under Region 10 (Asia Pacific & Australia) of the global IEEE geography. We started our journey with 52 members and in 2008 it reached 103.
Affinity groups are made for inspiring minds to work together for a single mission. We have the Women In Engineering (WIE) Affinity Group which was inaugurated on February 14, 2007 by Mrs. Beena KT, former Chairperson, WIE, Kerala Section. The mission of IEEE WIE is to facilitate the global recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines. IEEE WIE envisions a vibrant community of IEEE women and men collectively using their diverse talents to innovate for the benefit of humanity.
Society chapters are bodies that work for the advancements of one particular field of technology. We have the IEEE Computer Society student chapter integrated with our student branch to cater the advancements in the field of Computer Technologies.
- National Students’ Conference 2010
- Kerala IEEE Technical Symposium [KITeS] 2012
- International Conference on Green Technology 2012
- Spear-headed WIE STAR
- Initiated WIE CARE
- Best Student Branch in Kerala Section under the leadership of Mrs. Jayasree M J in 2008.
- Co-organized Kerala IEEE Technical Symposium [KITeS] 2012 along with College of Trivandrum (CET) that went on to win the Darrel Chong Student Activity award.
- Former Chairperson Miss Achala JS won the Best WIE Student Volunteer from IEEE Kerala Section.
- Former Secretary Miss Dainy Daynesious won the Exemplary Volunteerism award from IEEE Kerala Section.
- Miss Deepthi Anna George won the Richard E Merwin scholarship in 2011. She was among the first IEEE Computer Society members who won this prestigious scholarship from India.
- Miss Dainy Daynesious and her team won the Student Enterprise Award for her project “S.T.A.R.K. Scientifically Trained Arm Robotic Kinesis”